[webkit-gtk] webkitgtk-1.8.x and Java/Flash plugins

Sergio Villar Senin svillar at igalia.com
Wed May 2 09:58:40 PDT 2012

En 02/05/12 18:20, Daniel Drake escribiu:
> Is this because flash and java plugins link against GTK2, which
> obviously won't work under a GTK3 environment?
> I know there has been work to split the plugins into another process,
> but is this available in webkitgtk-1.8.0, or is it only for v1.9.0 and
> newer?

The plugins are run in a different process in WebKit2. WebKit1 is single
process. WebKit2 experimental support was first shipped in 1.8 but take
into account that the API is still under heavy development.

If you want to use them with WebKit1 then you can try with nspluginwrapper.

BR