[webkit-gtk] WebKit2 zoom API

Xan xan.lopez at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 08:05:19 PST 2012

On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 1:59 PM, Carlos Garcia Campos <cgarcia at igalia.com>wrote:

> >  We did it this way in webkit-clutter and more than once
> > I've seen people wanting to use separate text and full content zoom at
> > the same time, for some mobile projects.
>

> At the same time? do you know of a use case where this is needed or
> desired?

I second this request. It seems like a corner case to me (as Carlos said in
the thread opener none of the apps analysed did anything like that), and as
long as it's possible for people to use the C API when they actually need
to do this I think we should design the GObject API to be easy to use for
the common case. My understanding, and I can be wrong, is that the C API
needs to expose everything is possible to do, to some extent, but that does
not mean that our wrapper should do the same, especially when they can both
be used. Am I wrong?

Xan