[webkit-gtk] WebKit2 zoom API

Carlos Garcia Campos cgarcia at igalia.com
Thu Jan 5 04:59:03 PST 2012

El jue, 05-01-2012 a las 10:51 -0200, Gustavo Noronha Silva escribió:
> On Tue, 2011-12-27 at 11:45 +0100, Carlos Garcia Campos wrote:
> > Based on this, my proposal for WebKit2 is:
> >  - WebKitWebView:zoom-level property
> >  - webkit_web_view_set_zoom_level() and webkit_web_view_get_zoom_level()
> >  - WebKitSettings:zoom-text-only set to FALSE by default
> >  - I'm not sure about zoom_in/out, we would need to know why people
> > don't use them, and then try to add API adapted to users needs, or just
> > don't add them and let users implement it by their own.
> >
> > Comments?
>
> Why not have two separate zoom variables, one for text, and one for
> content, instead of having a zoom-text-only property, since this is how
> WebCore works?

Because contents already includes the text. WebCore has two variables
but I don't think it's meant to be used at the same time. When switching
between onlyText and fullContent mode in mac (and gtk+ does the same in
wk1) the other variable is reset to 1. Chromium has the comment I
mentioned before because of the odd effect I explained in another email.

>  We did it this way in webkit-clutter and more than once
> I've seen people wanting to use separate text and full content zoom at
> the same time, for some mobile projects.

At the same time? do you know of a use case where this is needed or
desired?

> ... now that I've written all of this I see Martin already made the same
> suggestions =D let me go read and comment.
>
> Cheers,

Thanks for commenting.
--
Carlos Garcia Campos