[webkit-gtk] Accessing the page load progress

Diego Escalante Urrelo descalante at igalia.com
Mon Sep 5 16:36:21 PDT 2011

Hi,

El lun, 05-09-2011 a las 18:48 +0100, Andrew Wood escribió:
> How can I check the progress of a page loading, so I can update a
> progress bar? Ive tried this:
>
> webkit_web_view_load_uri (WEBKIT_WEB_VIEW (gtkwebview), url.c_str());
> //this line on its own works

You can connect to the notify::progress signal

http://webkitgtk.org/reference/webkitgtk-webkitwebview.html#WebKitWebView--progress

http://developer.gnome.org/gobject/unstable/gobject-The-Base-Object-Type.html#GObject-notify

Basically it's a signal that works for any property in any GObject, so
when the property changes you get your callback called.

In this case, you'll get one call for every progress update. You can see
how Epiphany does this:

http://git.gnome.org/browse/epiphany/tree/src/ephy-window.c#n2901

Lots of other examples on that file.

Good luck!