[webkit-gtk] New glib and soup for EWS

Gustavo Noronha Silva gns at gnome.org
Wed Jan 26 05:33:18 PST 2011

Hey,

On Fri, 2011-01-21 at 13:34 -0800, Adam Barth wrote:
> We don't have any documentation written up, but we probably should do
> that.  We run most of the EWS bots out of git checkouts, so that's the
> most well-tested configuration.  You'll want to configure that git
> working copy to know the username and password of a bugs.webkit.org
> account with the "edit bugs" permission.  If you create a new
> bugs.webkit.org account for this purpose, someone on #webkit will be
> able to give it the right permissions.

That's more than enough documentation, thanks =). I created a new
bugzilla account, got permissions for it, and the git checkout is just
finishing.

> As for running the bot, most folks use a wrapper script most or less
> like this one:
>
> http://trac.webkit.org/browser/trunk/Tools/EWSTools/start-queue.sh

That's a very good starting point, just need to add something to make it
start again when the VM is rebooted and we're set =).

> Please let me know if you have any questions.  We can run multiple
> instances of the gtk-ews in parallel, so I'll leave my instance
> running until you're happy with your instance.  You an look at
> http://queues.webkit.org/queue-status/gtk-ews to see how it working.
> If you give it a new bot-id, we'll be able to distinguish between what
> my instance is doing and what your instance is doing.

We want to land the changes that require newer soup packages as soon as
possible so that we can get them on the GNOME development release next
week. Hopefully I can get this EWS going and working stable enough by
Friday =) I'll keep you posted, thank you very much!

Cheers,

--
Gustavo Noronha Silva <gns at gnome.org>
GNOME Project