[webkit-gtk] Webkit introspection experiments with Python

Xan xan.lopez at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 09:39:59 PDT 2010

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 12:50 AM, Gabriel Jacobo <gabomdq at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone, my name is Gabriel, I'm new to the list.
> I decided to run a few tests with Webkit and its introspection support from
> Python, my luck was varied (its very hard to get this working in a jhbuild
> environment, but I dont think its Webkit's fault at the moment), but I got it
> working in Arch Linux with just a few updated packages.
>
> http://mdqinc.com/blog/2010/09/webkit-gobject-introspection-and-the-dom/
>
> Any comments, pointers on how to solve the compilation problems I was having
> (I didnt want to fill bug reports on Webkit as the GTK/GLib tools are
> progressing right now), comments, etc, are very welcome.

Some of the issues you mention (GTK+ changes) are already fixed in
trunk, others (the introspection ones) aren't. In any case it's always
a good idea to push the patches you do to us, tracking upstream
changes is part of our work.

I have no idea why the events are not working for you, but a trivial
example done in C works perfectly well (http://pastebin.com/U5gtbvXt).
A random guess is that you are using the wrong signal, load-finished
(on top of being deprecated) does not tell you whether the DOM has
been fully created and you might be interacting with it in a broken
state. Try 'document-load-finished'.

In the interest of fairness, DOM events were never implemented in the
original patch sent upstream, so I didn't remove anything regarding
this from there (maybe you were confused by the EventListener comment
in the new bug, this is unrelated). The support for DOM events was
done by me from scratch after the useful bits from the original patch
were merged.

Xan