[webkit-gtk] win32

Jean-Philippe Chancelier jpc at cermics.enpc.fr
Thu Sep 24 01:23:07 PDT 2009

	Hi webkit-gtk,

	This to tell that I managed to cross-compile webkit-1.1.12
	for win32 ang gtk (and numerous prerequisite libraries).

	./configure --host=i686-pc-mingw32 --with-font-backend=pango
	    --enable-video=no --with-target=win32

	I had to change a few files (4/5) for
	compilation pbs and made (certainly bad) quick changes to
	finish compilation.

	At running time I have some problems with GtkLauncher.exe
	It starts with a correct connection to google but I cannot
	enter text in the google search entry text
	I can navigate and open web sites (sometimes it crashes
	certainly because of javascript on some sites).

	The main pb is that I cannot open files in GtkLauncher
	file://D:/..../poo.html does not work
	And I need mainly webkit for that purpose i.e to navigate
	through an html documentation.
	I can also start GtkLauncher from Linux/wine but with the
	same pbs and the fact that (as for many gtk apps when started
	through wine) the font are very very huge in the html rendering
	window.

	I would like to know if some other people have
	started the same job and managed to solve my pbs ?

	I have used webkit-1.1.12 because more recent versions
	has some prerequisite for versions of gtk/glib libraries
	that were not available on http://www.gtk.org/download-windows.html
	But I have seen that some upgrades were done yesterday
	(glib 2.22) ....

	Regards,
	jpc