[webkit-gtk] WebKitGTk+ 1.1.15 released

Xan Lopez xan at gnome.org
Mon Sep 21 06:36:32 PDT 2009

WebKitGTK+ 1.1.15 is now available for download at:

http://webkitgtk.org/?page=download
http://webkitgtk.org/webkit-1.1.15.tar.gz
md5 sum: 5478d48e6b134b3e09a3d9b17f3907e8

Important notice:
=================

WebKitGTK+ 1.1.15 is our first semi-stable release of the 1.1.x
series, and will be supported until the next stable release is out. We
are labeling it "semi-stable" because at this point in time the
WebKitGTK+ team does not feel it should commit to supporting the
current APIs long-term, so as before all APIs introduced since 1.1.0
are to be considered only "slushy" and potentially subject to
changes. 6 months from now, in time for GNOME 2.30/3.0, we'll release
1.2.0, with all its APIs declared stable and fully supported for a
longer period of time.

You can expect 1.1.15.x point releases during these 6 months with
additional stability improvements and, if needed, security fixes.

Overview of changes from WebKitGTK 1.1.14 to 1.1.15:

 - New API to get the subresources from a WebKitWebDataSource. This
   provides a way of accessing all the resources that compose the
   view to which the data source is attached.
 - A new function, webkit_web_view_get_hit_test_result, which allows
   to do a 'hit test' on the coordinates specified by a mouse
   event. A hit test provides context information about that point in
   the document, like whether it's an image, a link, an input box,
   etc.
 - Our DumpRenderTree implementation now supports eventSender, which
   allows us to run many more LayoutTests and make WebKitGTK+ more
   stable and feature-complete.
 - JSNES runs 6x faster: http://trac.webkit.org/changeset/48573
 - The usual small improvements and bugfixes.

What is WebKitGTK+:
===================

WebKitGTK+ is the GTK+ port of the WebKit web browser engine. Offering
WebKit's full functionality through a set of GObject-based APIs, it is
suitable for projects in need of any kind of web functionality, from a
bit of HTML/CSS in your UI to a full-fledged web browser.

How to participate:
===================

If you want to know more about the project or get in touch with its
developers you can:

- Visit our website at http://www.webkitgtk.org, or the upstream main
 page at http://www.webkit.org

- Browse the bug list at http://bugs.webkit.org

- Join the #webkit and #webkit-gtk IRC channels at irc.freenode.net

- Subscribe to the webkit-gtk mailing list,
 http://lists.webkit.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/webkit-gtk, or the
 webkit's general development mailing list,

The WebKitGTK+ team,
September 21, 2009