[webkit-gtk] webkit-gtk Digest, Vol 4, Issue 3

Josip josip at pisoj.com
Tue Oct 6 01:35:29 PDT 2009

Phil Longstaff wrote:
> On October 5, 2009 03:41:34 pm Josip wrote:
>  > Phil Longstaff wrote:
>  > > I'm currently using a binary built on 1.1.5. I got the link from a bug
>  > > logged on webkit.org. There are a number of issues:
>  > >
>  > > 1) doesn't display files opened with file://
>  > > 2) when I display a page with embedded css, it displays OK, but prints
>  > > really small. Perhaps it's confusing pt and px i.e. 10 pt as 10 px when
>  > > printing.
>  > >
>  > > I'm just trying to build a more up-to-date version. Unfortunately, I
>  > > haven't found official webkit/gtk/win32 binaries. My build machine is
>  > > ubuntu running a fedora 11 VM with all of the mingw packages. I also
>  > > have a winxp VM with mingw compiler and other win32/gtk As I make
>  > > changes to get things to compile, I'm submitting the patches, hoping
>  > > someone will collect and apply them. Some of the changes aren't good
>  > > i.e. comment out a section for now. I'd be happy to work with anyone
>  > > who is also trying to get webkit/gtk/win32 to work to come up with
>  > > official patches for webkit to include.
>  > >
>  > > Phil
>  >
>  > ArchLinux 64 and MingW32 here.
>  >
>  > Build 1.1.15.1 with options:
>  > --with-unicode-backend=icu
>  > --with-font-backend=pango
>  > --disable-filters
>  > --disable-video
>  > --disable-shared-workers
>  >
>  > Not played much with result because of broken file handler, and don't
>  > want to patch it by commenting out line 844 in
>  > WebCore/platform/network/soup/ResourceHandleSoup.cpp (it has to be
>  > better way!)
>  >
>  > I am interesting in using webkitgtk thru python bindings.
>  >
>  > Attached is my lame patch set i used.
>

> My patch set is similar to yours.
>

> I basically disable everything unless I really need it. Since I want to
> use webkit as an embedded html engine to replace gtkhtml, I don't need
> lots of fancy additions.
>

> I tried adding CFLAGS=-fshort-wchar and CXXFLAGS=-fshort-wchar in order
> to avoid the UChar/gunichar2 problem in EditorClientGtk.cpp, but it
> didn't seem o help.
>

> Did you build your own version of icu? The one I downloaded is for MSVC9
> and has just .def and .lib files. The mingw32 linker isn't happy.
>

> Phil

Hi,
You can try to build your own like in:
http://ftp5.gwdg.de/pub/opensuse/repositories/windows:/mingw:/win32/openSUSE_Factory/src/mingw32-icu-4.0.1-1.32.src.rpm
Or try it with headers and libs from:
http://ftp5.gwdg.de/pub/opensuse/repositories/windows:/mingw:/win32/openSUSE_Factory/noarch/mingw32-libicu-devel-4.0.1-1.32.noarch.rpm
and use already built bins from:
http://ftp5.gwdg.de/pub/opensuse/repositories/windows:/mingw:/win32/openSUSE_Factory/noarch/mingw32-libicu-4.0.1-1.32.noarch.rpm

I like to use webkitgtk as html viewer in python application "GRAMPS"
(http://www.gramps-project.org) in Windows also and not just in Linux.

Do you solve problem with rendering local files?
Why "client->didReceiveResponse(handle.get(), response);" break things
in Windows?

--
Josip