[webkit-gtk] webkit-gtk Digest, Vol 4, Issue 3

Phil Longstaff plongstaff at rogers.com
Mon Oct 5 18:02:01 PDT 2009

On October 5, 2009 03:41:34 pm Josip wrote:
> Phil Longstaff wrote:
> > I'm currently using a binary built on 1.1.5.  I got the link from a bug
> > logged on webkit.org.  There are a number of issues:
> >
> > 1) doesn't display files opened with file://
> > 2) when I display a page with embedded css, it displays OK, but prints
> > really small.  Perhaps it's confusing pt and px i.e. 10 pt as 10 px when
> > printing.
> >
> > I'm just trying to build a more up-to-date version.  Unfortunately, I
> > haven't found official webkit/gtk/win32 binaries.  My build machine is
> > ubuntu running a fedora 11 VM with all of the mingw packages.  I also
> > have a winxp VM with mingw compiler and other win32/gtk  As I make
> > changes to get things to compile, I'm submitting the patches, hoping
> > someone will collect and apply them.  Some of the changes aren't good
> > i.e. comment out a section for now.  I'd be happy to work with anyone
> > who is also trying to get webkit/gtk/win32 to work to come up with
> > official patches for webkit to include.
> >
> > Phil
>
> ArchLinux 64 and MingW32 here.
>
> Build 1.1.15.1 with options:
>    --with-unicode-backend=icu
>    --with-font-backend=pango
>    --disable-filters
>    --disable-video
>    --disable-shared-workers
>
> Not played much with result because of broken file handler, and don't
> want to patch it by commenting out line 844 in
> WebCore/platform/network/soup/ResourceHandleSoup.cpp (it has to be
> better way!)
>
> I am interesting in using webkitgtk thru python bindings.
>
> Attached is my lame patch set i used.

My patch set is similar to yours.

I basically disable everything unless I really need it.  Since I want to use
webkit as an embedded html engine to replace gtkhtml, I don't need lots of
fancy additions.

I tried adding CFLAGS=-fshort-wchar and CXXFLAGS=-fshort-wchar in order to
avoid the UChar/gunichar2 problem in EditorClientGtk.cpp, but it didn't seem o
help.

Did you build your own version of icu?  The one I downloaded is for MSVC9 and
has just .def and .lib files.  The mingw32 linker isn't happy.

Phil