[webkit-gtk] webkit-gtk Digest, Vol 4, Issue 3

Josip josip at pisoj.com
Mon Oct 5 12:41:34 PDT 2009

Phil Longstaff wrote:
> I'm currently using a binary built on 1.1.5.  I got the link from a bug
> logged on webkit.org.  There are a number of issues:
>
> 1) doesn't display files opened with file://
> 2) when I display a page with embedded css, it displays OK, but prints
> really small.  Perhaps it's confusing pt and px i.e. 10 pt as 10 px when
> printing.
>
> I'm just trying to build a more up-to-date version.  Unfortunately, I
> haven't found official webkit/gtk/win32 binaries.  My build machine is
> ubuntu running a fedora 11 VM with all of the mingw packages.  I also
> have a winxp VM with mingw compiler and other win32/gtk  As I make
> changes to get things to compile, I'm submitting the patches, hoping
> someone will collect and apply them.  Some of the changes aren't good
> i.e. comment out a section for now.  I'd be happy to work with anyone
> who is also trying to get webkit/gtk/win32 to work to come up with
> official patches for webkit to include.
>
> Phil

ArchLinux 64 and MingW32 here.

Build 1.1.15.1 with options:
   --with-unicode-backend=icu
   --with-font-backend=pango
   --disable-filters
   --disable-video
   --disable-shared-workers

Not played much with result because of broken file handler, and don't
want to patch it by commenting out line 844 in
WebCore/platform/network/soup/ResourceHandleSoup.cpp (it has to be
better way!)

I am interesting in using webkitgtk thru python bindings.

Attached is my lame patch set i used.

--
Josip