[webkit-efl] Moving the EFL WebKit2 public APIs to outside WebKit2 directory

Kenneth Rohde Christiansen kenneth.christiansen at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 05:21:40 PST 2013

The idea is not for this to be a directory containing a port of
WebKit2, but our platform API which happens to be based on WebKit2.

If you look at Source/Platform today you will see that this is exactly
what it is.

Of course we should make our API self-contained and not use internal
WK2 API which hinders WebKit2 development according to many statements
(which we can agree or disagree with). We can add some extensions to
the WK2 C API and keep that in UIProcess/API/efl (I have seen this one
so I know it is possible). It is even an advantage that Apple is aware
of that API (thought review and due to its location) and that we keep
it to a minimum.

But yeah, we cannot build Rome in one day, but the above would be a good target.

On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 2:00 PM, Dominik Röttsches
<dominik.rottsches at intel.com> wrote:
> On 01/21/2013 07:52 PM, Vyacheslav Ostapenko wrote:
>
>>> On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 11:48 AM, Thiago Marcos P. Santos
>>> <tmpsantos at gmail.com <mailto:tmpsantos at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>>
>>> This is the directory structure I'm proposing (using Chromium as role
>>> model):
>>>
>>> Source/WebKit2/UIProcess/API/efl/ (public headers) ->
>>> Source/Platform/efl/public