[webkit-efl] Moving the EFL WebKit2 public APIs to outside WebKit2 directory

Dominik Röttsches dominik.rottsches at intel.com
Tue Jan 22 05:00:09 PST 2013

On 01/21/2013 07:52 PM, Vyacheslav Ostapenko wrote:

>> On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 11:48 AM, Thiago Marcos P. Santos
>> <tmpsantos at gmail.com <mailto:tmpsantos at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>> This is the directory structure I'm proposing (using Chromium as role
>> model):
>>
>> Source/WebKit2/UIProcess/API/efl/ (public headers) ->
>> Source/Platform/efl/public
>> Source/WebKit2/UIProcess/API/efl/ (the rest) -> Source/Platform/efl/src
>   Why only API part? I think everything that is not used by apple
> should go outside of Source/WebKit2.
>   We should create something like Source/WebKit2Ports, shadow the
> structure of WebKit2 there and move all the code that is not compiled
> by Apple, like APIs, CoordinatedGraphics, shared memory and process
> mangement and etc.
>   Of course it will not solve the problem of Apple breaking Qt, EFL
> and GTK ports, but at least it will allow easier fixes of port
> specific issues.

Since, as Chris, says - the code still relies on WK2 and is mostly
adding to it or augmenting it,
I think the directory naming should be different than "Source/Platform" -
Using Source/WebKit2Ports, like Slava suggests, sounds like a good
proposal to me. I support that if it can be agreed on in webkit-dev.
I don't think it pays off to take shortcuts, this will need to be
discussed with the whole list.

Dominik