[webkit-efl] Update Skipped file of EFL layout test for Ubuntu 11.10

Dominik Röttsches dominik.rottsches at linux.intel.com
Mon Feb 27 05:45:13 PST 2012

Hi Raphael,

On 02/27/2012 01:05 AM, Raphael Kubo da Costa wrote:
> Dominik Röttsches<dominik.rottsches at linux.intel.com>  writes:

>>> I also think we should define which font we use when DRT is run. If
>>> you guys help to support above featurers, I'm willing to help your
>>> contribution. :-)
>> Yes, we'll start with JHBuild, then look at making font configuration
>> more robust.
> I thought about JHBuild at the time I was writing the DRT code mainly to
> try to overcome the font rendering differences we get across distros,
> but the GTK+ folks had not gone "nuclear" [1] yet and I ended up
> considering it too extreme a measure.
>
> What intrigues me is the distiction being made between points 1 and 2:
> are you guys thinking of using jhbuild for something else other than
> making it easier to run the layout tests in different machines?
>
> [1] https://lists.webkit.org/pipermail/webkit-gtk/2011-December/000831.html

No, the intention is indeed to increase consistency of layout test
results. In the EFL case, the additional benefit is getting the EFL
libraries in consistent versions.

The reason why I distinguished 1) & 2) is because in GTK there's
additional font-clamping code in DRT resetting FontConfig for every test
run and making sure only a configured list of fonts is loaded. It would
be interesting to know: Do you think this code becomes redundant once
font configuration is controlled by jhbuild?

Regards,

Dominik

--
Dominik Röttsches<dominik.rottsches at linux.intel.com>