[webkit-dev] WebKit Transition to Git

Konstantin Tokarev annulen at yandex.ru
Sat Oct 3 12:26:40 PDT 2020

02.10.2020, 23:17, "Jonathan Bedard" <jbedard at apple.com>:
>>  On Oct 2, 2020, at 11:47 AM, Tetsuharu OHZEKI <tetsuharu.ohzeki at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>  Hi Jonathan,
>>
>>  As a contributor, I hear this change positively and I'm looking
>>  forward to transition to a new process.
>>
>>  I have some questions and feelings:
>>
>>  1. Will we continue to use https://trac.webkit.org/wiki after moving
>>  to something to host the Git repository?
>>
>>  This is just my curiosity.
>
> We don’t have plans to migrate the wiki in the immediate future, although I suspect that as development workflows switch to GitHub, we will eventually want to move the wiki to GitHub as well.

If you are considering this, please take into account that GitHub doesn't allow
to configure separate access lists for repository and wiki. There are only two

1) wiki can be edited by any GitHub user
2) wiki can be edited by people who have write access to repo (i.e. right to make
unreviewed push to any branch, as there are no "partial access" settings)

It's not possible to have a separate list of "contributors" without push right as
we do now.

Of course, this can be worked around via setting up wiki in a different repository
with different access list.

Konstantin