[webkit-dev] WebKit Transition to Git

Jonathan Bedard jbedard at apple.com
Fri Oct 2 13:14:31 PDT 2020

> On Oct 2, 2020, at 11:47 AM, Tetsuharu OHZEKI <tetsuharu.ohzeki at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Jonathan,
>
> As a contributor, I hear this change positively and I'm looking
> forward to transition to a new process.
>
> I have some questions and feelings:
>
> 1. Will we continue to use https://trac.webkit.org/wiki after moving
> to something to host the Git repository?
>
> This is just my curiosity.

We don’t have plans to migrate the wiki in the immediate future, although I suspect that as development workflows switch to GitHub, we will eventually want to move the wiki to GitHub as well.

> 2. About GitHub Issues, how will we categorize an issue?
>
> I feel GitHub issues require some techniques to manage/categorize a bug
> when we host a large scale project like a Web Engine on GitHub issues.
> I think it might be a bit harder than doing with Bugzilla.
>
> As my past experiences to collaborate with some projects,
> Rust and Servo project's label management was nice to categorize issues.
> https://github.com/rust-lang/rust-wiki-backup/blob/master/Note-tag-label-names-and-definitions.md

This is something that we’re still figuring out, personal experience like what you’re providing here is super valuable!