[webkit-dev] [webkit-changes] [264332] trunk/Source

Darin Adler darin at apple.com
Thu Jul 16 15:01:14 PDT 2020

> On Jul 16, 2020, at 2:28 PM, Adrian Perez de Castro <aperez at igalia.com> wrote:
>
> It is not feasible to test unified builds for all the possible combinations of
> target architectures and set of features enabled at build time (there is a
> combinatorial explosion of configurations). Keeping non-unified builds in a
> working state guarantees that regular unified builds will keep working no
> matter what the build configuration is.

But it doesn’t.

Non-unified builds don’t make it possible to have arbitrary sets of features enabled at build time. We break that all the time and it’s only fixed when someone tests that arbitrary set of features. Headers are only a small part of that issue.

I’d go as far as saying it’s not a project goal to always build with arbitrary sets of features enabled.

— Darin