[webkit-dev] Where do we put WPT tests to be exported

Anne van Kesteren annevk at annevk.nl
Fri May 19 09:44:33 PDT 2017

On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 5:11 PM, youenn fablet <youennf at gmail.com> wrote:
> When a spec gets updated, the WPT tests will ideally be updated at the same
> time.
> The updated tests will no longer ensure non-regression until the browser
> implements the new behavior.

Ideally if importing test updates results in failures those end up
being tracked as new bugs. I realize that's not how it works today,
but that's how it should work I think.

> The same applies to deprecated features for which WPT tests might be removed
> for instance.

In this case it's expected that a "historical" test is added that
tests the feature isn't supported, so there's still coverage.

> I don't know what WPT can do there. This issue is probably limited in
> practice.

Modifying tests doesn't happen often, but it definitely does happen
and it would be nice if infrastructure accounted for it. (I've often
added additional assertions or additional tests to an existing
resource.)

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/