[webkit-dev] Where do we put WPT tests to be exported

youenn fablet youennf at gmail.com
Fri May 19 10:17:34 PDT 2017

Le ven. 19 mai 2017 à 09:44, Anne van Kesteren <annevk at annevk.nl> a écrit :

> On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 5:11 PM, youenn fablet <youennf at gmail.com> wrote:
> > When a spec gets updated, the WPT tests will ideally be updated at the
> same
> > time.
> > The updated tests will no longer ensure non-regression until the browser
> > implements the new behavior.
>
> Ideally if importing test updates results in failures those end up
> being tracked as new bugs. I realize that's not how it works today,
> but that's how it should work I think.

Right, and that is very good as long as there is effort to match the
implementation with the spec.
Until the bug is fixed, regressions related to the no-longer compliant
behavior might not be caught by WPT.

> > The same applies to deprecated features for which WPT tests might be
> removed
> > for instance.
>
> In this case it's expected that a "historical" test is added that
> tests the feature isn't supported, so there's still coverage.

Sure, it is good to test conformance, but there is no longer regression
testing on the deprecated feature behavior itself.
Ideally, this would require tighter syncing between the browsers. Might
have positive and/or negative consequences.