[webkit-dev] Where do we put WPT tests to be exported

youenn fablet youennf at gmail.com
Fri May 19 08:11:43 PDT 2017

Le jeu. 18 mai 2017 à 05:09, Philip Jägenstedt <foolip at google.com> a écrit :

>> FWIW, I think it makes sense to treat wpt as both regression tests and
> conformance tests. They're regression tests because they can in fact catch
> regressions. And they're conformance tests because they're supposed to be
> derived from the specs, and that should be true of local modifications as
> well if they're intended to be upstreamed.

When a spec gets updated, the WPT tests will ideally be updated at the same
time.
The updated tests will no longer ensure non-regression until the browser
implements the new behavior.
The same applies to deprecated features for which WPT tests might be
removed for instance.
I don't know what WPT can do there. This issue is probably limited in
practice.