[webkit-dev] Another WPT bite

Alexey Proskuryakov ap at webkit.org
Fri May 12 14:49:14 PDT 2017

> 12 мая 2017 г., в 14:38, Sam Weinig <weinig at apple.com> написал(а):
>
> I regret piling on here, as I think this thread has diverged from it’s original purpose, but…I understand this frustration. That said, perhaps this is something we can solve with some tooling. For instance, a run-test-in-safari (as a parallel to run-safari) script could be made which starts the server, and then loads the test with the right URL in your built Safari (or MiniBrowser, or whatever).

That's still not good enough, as this means that I can't point someone else to an instance of the test on trac.webkit.org to reproduce an issue. There is of course be another place to point to when/if the test gets upstreamed, but even that doesn't support stable links like trac does.

That's not to mention that learning the name of this proposed script is no easier than learning about run-webkit-httpd.

- Alexey