[webkit-dev] Another WPT bite

Sam Weinig weinig at apple.com
Fri May 12 16:12:08 PDT 2017

> On May 12, 2017, at 2:49 PM, Alexey Proskuryakov <ap at webkit.org> wrote:
>

>> 12 мая 2017 г., в 14:38, Sam Weinig <weinig at apple.com <mailto:weinig at apple.com>> написал(а):
>>
>> I regret piling on here, as I think this thread has diverged from it’s original purpose, but…I understand this frustration. That said, perhaps this is something we can solve with some tooling. For instance, a run-test-in-safari (as a parallel to run-safari) script could be made which starts the server, and then loads the test with the right URL in your built Safari (or MiniBrowser, or whatever).
>

> That's still not good enough, as this means that I can't point someone else to an instance of the test on trac.webkit.org <http://trac.webkit.org/> to reproduce an issue. There is of course be another place to point to when/if the test gets upstreamed, but even that doesn't support stable links like trac does.
>
> That's not to mention that learning the name of this proposed script is no easier than learning about run-webkit-httpd.
>
> - Alexey

I’m not sure what you mean by “good enough”.  Good enough for what?  What are we debating here?  I was suggesting a mechanism to ease Simon’s specific problem, and I do think a script which both starts the server, and loads the correct URL would be helpful.  I often forget exactly what path to copy when writing http tests.

- Sam