[webkit-dev] Intent to remove the WebCore::IconDatabase (GTK needs to make a decision)
Carlos Garcia Campos
carlosgc at webkit.org
Tue Jun 27 09:36:31 PDT 2017
El mar, 27-06-2017 a las 18:19 +0200, Carlos Garcia Campos escribió:
> El vie, 16-06-2017 a las 09:43 -0700, Brady Eidson escribió:
> > > > If not, I can get rid of it right now
> > > >
> > > > If so, then I need a GTK maintainer to come up with a plan
> > > > soon.
> > >
> > > How soon is soon? :-) We are approaching the end of our release
> > > cycle,
> > > it would be good for us if we could do any changes related to
> > > this
> > > after we branch for 2.18. Of course I can branch earlier if
> > > needed.
> > > According to our schedule we should branch the first week of
> > > August. Is
> > > that late?
> > That’s much later than the soon I was targeting.
> > Hoping to do this by the end of June.
> Ok, I've found time today to work on this. I don't have time to re-
> implement WebKitFaviconDatabase using a different database model, so
> I've copied IconDatabase from WebCore to WebKit and used it directly
> from WebKitFaviconDatabase. I've switched the client implementation
> API::IconLoadingClient too. So, I think you can just remove all the
> WebCore and WebKit2 code after the patch lands.
I forgot to say that copying IconDatabase is just a temporary solution,
because I don't have time for a proper solution now, so during our next
release cycle I'll try to either improve or replace it with a new
implementation that allows to store multiple icons and sizes for the
same page, etc.
> webkit-dev mailing list
> webkit-dev at lists.webkit.org
More information about the webkit-dev