[webkit-dev] WEB_TIMING enabled on all ports - let's remove the flag?

Adrien Destugues pulkomandy at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 22:41:55 PDT 2017

> Some others I see:
>
> ENABLE_GEOLOCATION
> ENABLE_INDEXED_DATABASE
> ENABLE_CSS_SCROLL_SNAP
> ENABLE_WEBGL
> ENABLE_WEB_AUDIO

At least these are still not implemented in the Haiku port. I know we
are not an upstream port anymore and have little chance of being again
as I'm slowly trying to catch up with the lates 1.5 years of
development in WebKit. But having to implement all of these would
delay my work even more.

As usual, I don't want the Haiku port to pull WebKit backwards, and I
do plan to implement some of these at some point. However, being able
to disable them at least for some time lets me work on other, more
important aspects of the port first.

If the compile time flags are too annoying for that, maybe an
alternative would be to provide stub implementations, but then support
for these features should still not be advertised to webpages if the
port really doesn't support them.

--
Adrien Destugues / PulkoMandy
http://pulkomandy.tk