[webkit-dev] WEB_TIMING enabled on all ports - let's remove the flag?

Michael Catanzaro mcatanzaro at igalia.com
Tue Aug 1 16:20:55 PDT 2017

On Tue, Aug 1, 2017 at 11:55 PM, Adrian Perez de Castro
<aperez at igalia.com> wrote:
> Moreover, for the WebKitGTK+ disabling both ENABLE_VIDEO and
> ENABLE_WEB_AUDIO
> does not need GStreamer at all, which further reduces disk and memory
> usage.
> For example Buildroot includes a WebKitGTK+ recipe which can disable
> both [1]
> precisely for this reason. So I would also keep ENABLE_WEB_AUDIO.

Good point. Avoiding the GStreamer dependency is significant. I suspect
we have more projects besides digital signage that disable both of
these build flags, so it would probably be convenient for Igalia if
these flags were retained. Although it is annoying to see how often we
get bug reports about the ENABLE_VIDEO=OFF build being broken, I
suppose that in itself is evidence that the flag is in regular use.

I'm sure we can still identify a large number of other build flags to
be removed. There is a lot of low-hanging fruit here!

Michael