[webkit-dev] Should overridden methods use 'virtual' keyword in addition to 'override'?

Michael Catanzaro mcatanzaro at igalia.com
Fri Mar 4 06:53:08 PST 2016

On Thu, 2016-03-03 at 11:38 -0800, Geoffrey Garen wrote:
> I volunteer for any future needs in the physical restraint department
> -- but in this case, I think (3) sounds like a good idea.

Allowing Darin to perform (3) sounds good to me, what could possibly go
wrong? Some folks will have to rebase patches, but that should not be
difficult....

We could also really go the full mile and start using override wherever
possible. I guess a script to make that change could be written by
turning on the GCC -Wsuggest-override warning, and parsing the compiler
output to get line numbers that need fixed....

Michael