[webkit-dev] WebKit Remote Web Inspector

Sergio Villar Senin svillar at igalia.com
Mon Jun 23 02:06:47 PDT 2014

On 21/06/14 03:07, Vienneau, Christopher wrote:
> However your response leads me to believe that it could be as easy as
> enabling a define?  Searching my code for INSPECTOR_SERVER I only find
> it in FeatureDefinesNix.hbut no source code wrapped by it.
> REMOTE_INSPECTOR does not show up at all.  Should I see source using
> these defines or do I misunderstand?  I’m guessing the port being used
> here doesn’t have the things you mentioned in it; which is “Cairo”.  I
> expect the server portion needed to implement isn’t too difficult, and I
> suppose the other ports could be used as examples.

As Joseph mentioned, INSPECTOR_SERVER is likely the way to go for you if
you are not using a mac port. As you can see from the list that he sent
with the files containing that compiler guard most of the code is
totally port independent. Ports just need to implement a couple of stuff
to get it working (apart from enabling the guard at build time).

Regarding the port, there is no port called "cairo", cairo is just a 2D
library used by various ports (gtk, wincairo) to render content. As you
mentioned that file, I guess you're using an old check out of WebKit
that still contains WebKitNIX which was removed from the tree some time
ago. Basically just check what GTK or EFL do and do the same.

BR