[webkit-dev] Enabling CSS Grid Layout runtime flag by default

Manuel Rego Casasnovas rego at igalia.com
Wed Apr 30 04:10:20 PDT 2014

On 25/04/14 23:39, Benjamin Poulain wrote:
> On 4/25/14, 5:21 AM, Javier Fernandez wrote:
>> If everybody agrees, we have a patch ready to do this change:
>> http://webkit.org/b/132189

JFYI, we've just landed this change today (r167993).

> Personally, I think you should remove the runtime flag, and be very
> aggressive on the #ifdefs to make sure everything can be disabled when
> shipping.

Good idea, so this would be the next step. We're already spotting some
missing places where we should use the ENABLE_CSS_GRID_LAYOUT
compilation flag. Then we'll provide a patch to remove the runtime feature.

> It would be nice if you could email webkit-dev from time to time about
> your progress on completeness, testing, performance, etc.

Yeah, we should do it. We'll try to collect all the information and
share it with you in the coming weeks.

Thanks for the feedback,
  Rego