[webkit-dev] get an index of array in JSC

wei wang flyingwei1986 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 26 06:09:17 PDT 2014

Hello,

I wonder, is it possible to profile every read/write to an array?
More specifically, how to get the index of JSArray according to each
read/write?

Here is an example, consider the following js statement,

b = a[1],

I find that there are three relevant bytecode statements for "reading a[1]",

resolve_scope    --- that is, a
get_from_scope    --- get a's address, possibly
get_by_val        --- get 1

By following the LLint using GDB, I cannot find the corresponding methods
in JSArray for accessing the value of a[1]. It seems that a[1] is accessed
directly using the offset. Any suggestion will be helpful. Thanks!

Wei