[webkit-dev] Int/FloatPoint and Int/FloatSize

Steve Block steveblock at chromium.org
Wed Jan 9 16:52:13 PST 2013

> I'm really not sure that this set of changes is going in the right direction. What's driving them; some abstract sense of purity, or
> reducing the chances of introducing real bugs that we've seen in the past?
Some of both. I was investigating a bug where WebCore is generating
unexpected negative sizes. While looking into how this could happen, I
noticed that in some cases, negative sizes result from size types
being used to represent things that seem more like points. It seems
like it would be good to clean this up this misuse of size types, and
perhaps in the long term, we can avoid negative sizes altogether,
which would help avoid these kinds of bug in the future.