[webkit-dev] Proposal: Remove Pointer Lock API

Vladimir Vukicevic vladimir at mozilla.com
Sun Aug 18 10:31:25 PDT 2013

It would be unfortunate to remove this instead of working towards enabling and shipping it -- pointer lock is one of the features that we had significant demand for in the web games space.  Any game (or other content) that wants to implement "mouse look" functionality needs it.  This is why we (Mozilla) expanded it from being available in full screen only to being available in just regular elements as well, as did Chrome.

    - Vlad