[webkit-dev] Rewriting binding code generator, maybe?

Eric Seidel eric at webkit.org
Thu Apr 11 10:46:07 PDT 2013

I retract my earlier statement.  I think that the constraints here
between WebKit and blink are different enough that we should only
re-examine sharing code after both projects have had a chance to
re-write this subsystem to better fit their needs.  We originally
imported these bindings generators from KDOM (and changed them quite a
bit), but I suspect that they were never really a perfect fit for
WebKit in the first place.

Since we're both theoretically parsing WebIDL here, presumably there
are several good parsers already.  If both WebKit and Blink choose the
same language to re-write their respective bindings generators in,
perhaps we'll end up using the same parser library.

Best of luck!