[webkit-dev] Sunsetting committership and reviewership

Ryosuke Niwa rniwa at webkit.org
Fri Apr 5 00:00:16 PDT 2013

On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 11:53 PM, Kenneth Rohde Christiansen <
kenneth.christiansen at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am not sure this is really needed. People sometimes disappear from
> working on trunk for extended periods of time due to internal products
> and downstream branches. It has happened multiple times to me. That
> doesn't mean that I won't come back and start working upstream later.
>
> Also it could be that some people working on Blink would like to
> contribute to WebKit in their spare time or in the future again.
>
> Part of being a reviewer is also knowing what and when to review, so I
> am not sure there really is an issue here.

I'm not too concerned about the reviwership but more about committership
from a security point of view.

I don't think a lot of committers are going to monitor their old SVN
accounts and update passwords periodically.  Having lots of inactive SVN
accounts isn't that helpful.

Maybe I didn't phrase it correctly, but I'm suggesting more of suspension
so that we have a smaller attack surface for SVN credentials.

- R. Niwa