[webkit-dev] Sunsetting committership and reviewership

Dirk Schulze dschulze at adobe.com
Fri Apr 5 00:10:23 PDT 2013

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 5, 2013, at 12:00 AM, "Ryosuke Niwa" <rniwa at webkit.org<mailto:rniwa at webkit.org>> wrote:

On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 11:53 PM, Kenneth Rohde Christiansen <kenneth.christiansen at gmail.com<mailto:kenneth.christiansen at gmail.com>> wrote:
I am not sure this is really needed. People sometimes disappear from
working on trunk for extended periods of time due to internal products
and downstream branches. It has happened multiple times to me. That
doesn't mean that I won't come back and start working upstream later.

Also it could be that some people working on Blink would like to
contribute to WebKit in their spare time or in the future again.

Part of being a reviewer is also knowing what and when to review, so I
am not sure there really is an issue here.

I'm not too concerned about the reviwership but more about committership from a security point of view.

I don't think a lot of committers are going to monitor their old SVN accounts and update passwords periodically.  Having lots of inactive SVN accounts isn't that helpful.

Maybe I didn't phrase it correctly, but I'm suggesting more of suspension so that we have a smaller attack surface for SVN credentials.

Suggesting the deactivation of the SVN account is reasonable, as long as you get it back on request.

Greetings
Dirk

- R. Niwa