[webkit-dev] New Feature: Canvas Path object

Darin Adler darin at apple.com
Mon Sep 24 10:27:49 PDT 2012

On Sep 22, 2012, at 9:21 PM, Elliott Sprehn <esprehn at chromium.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 6:34 AM, Dirk Schulze <dschulze at adobe.com> wrote:
>
>> I would like to ask if there are objections to implement the canvas Path object.
>
> Do we have metrics on how often people already have things named Path? All other canvas objects have a prefix like CanvasGradient and CanvasPattern, this thing seems inconsistent and more likely to break existing pages.

Dirk, given the fact that you quite logically referred to this as “the canvas Path object” when mentioning it to us, and the fact that both CanvasGradient and CanvasPattern objects exist, CanvasPath sure does seem like a nice name for this. Someone should make that suggestion on the WebApps mailing list!

-- Darin