[webkit-dev] Fwd: Adding <main> element to WebCore

Brendan Eich brendan at mozilla.org
Tue Nov 27 20:39:11 PST 2012

I'm stunned that people are arguing this on webkit-dev.

Just FYI, Mozillians with whom I have spoken generally agree that <main>
does not meet the high bar required to add a new element to HTML.

Shopping a patch to implementors, to get something into a standard spec
by asserting de-facto status based on the patch(es) landing, is bad form.

Back to the whatwg list!

/be