[webkit-dev] Feature Request: Dynamic Application Cache

Brendan Eich brendan at mozilla.org
Sat Nov 17 14:40:19 PST 2012

Brady Eidson wrote:
> On Nov 17, 2012, at 7:47 AM, sridharn<sridhar.ndroid at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> Any updates / plans for this feature ??
> What feature?

Sridharn did not cite context, but his message is in the thread whose
head is this post:

https://lists.webkit.org/pipermail/webkit-dev/2012-April/020455.html

where Stefan Wagner wrote:

"""

Mozilla Firefox supports dynamic adding of resources into the
application cache for offline use with the function:
window.applicationCache.mozAdd(URI String)
https://developer.mozilla.org/en/nsIDOMOfflineResourceList

This is great for persistent storage of assets via javascipt. Instead
of predefining those assets in the manifest file one can use
javascript to cache the needed assets. Is there something similar
planed? Like window.applicationCache.webkitAdd(URI String) ?

"""

/be