[webkit-dev] moving focus when clicking on scrollbars

Ojan Vafai ojan at chromium.org
Thu Nov 1 10:23:08 PDT 2012

On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 10:13 AM, Elliott Sprehn <esprehn at chromium.org>wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 4:42 AM, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs at apple.com> wrote:
> > I like the idea of being more like native control behavior.
>
> I agree. I'll update the patch to match Gecko's mostly native, but web
> friendly behavior.

Sounds like we all agree here. The separate question is whether we should
avoid moving focus even when you click on the scrollbar of a focusable
element. That fully matches native, but doesn't match any existing browser.
Maciej, would you prefer that? I'm on the fence and could easily be swayed
either direction.

In the meantime, Elliott's patch matching the Gecko behavior seems
uncontroversial. I'll r+ once it's ready for review.