[webkit-dev] We should rename layoutTestController to testController

Ryosuke Niwa rniwa at webkit.org
Thu May 31 12:18:21 PDT 2012

On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 12:07 PM, Ojan Vafai <ojan at chromium.org> wrote:

> testController seems fine to me. I agree it's an improvement.
>
> On the other hand there are other tasks that have more benefit in terms of
> code maintenance for people wanting to spend time working in this area. A
> couple ideas:
>
>    - Move more APIs that only depend WebCore code to internals. Reduces
>    code duplication and complexity.
>    - Work on exposing things like eventSender through an NPAPI plugin.
>    That way it can be shared across browser vendors and could be used by the
>    W3C test harness as well. This would be for APIs that we want for testing
>    but don't make sense to expose to the web.
>
> W3C is developing a WebDriver specification which tries to automate tests
that require mouse/keyboard events, etc...:
https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/webdriver/raw-file/tip/webdriver-spec.html  If we're
trying to share code across browser vendors, then we should probably use
this API instead.  I suspect we can emulate the most of API surface using
eventSender even if we could not natively support it.

- Ryosuke