[webkit-dev] Moving to Git?

Kalle Vahlman kalle.vahlman at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 09:15:35 PST 2012

2012/3/9 Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa at webkit.org>:
> On Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 7:14 AM, Ashod Nakashian <ashodnakashian at yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>> I think if we address the main issues raised by the svn users, the current
>> consensus (if representative) seems to point towards an overwhelming support
>> (and demand?) for git over svn. On that point it's reasonable to say that
>> we're heading towards option #1 or #2 of Maciej. As such, I'm humbly
>> proposing the following (hopefully without getting ahead of myself):
>

> Frankly, I don't quite understand the benefit of this transition. Do we
> really need to move to git? If the only problem of keeping svn was about
> svn-apply being broken, I'm more than happy to fix that script.

I think you missed the part where the impact on servers was discussed.
If every time someone does "svn log" the server needs to not receive
or deal out commits, it will show in response times. I'm sure people
using svn do not check the log often, for obvious reasons, but it is
still a factor to consider.

Kalle Vahlman, zuh at iki.fi