[webkit-dev] Moving to Git?

Konrad Piascik kpiascik at rim.com
Fri Mar 9 09:03:09 PST 2012

Hi Ryosuke,

There are solutions in git for all of your raised issues.  If you want to have git diff work against master then you just need to setup an alias to do that for you.
http://gitready.com/intermediate/2009/02/06/helpful-command-aliases.html

This way you can create aliases for all the commands and syntax you want.

Alexis mentioned that it is possible to have a linear history that Qt uses.  It should also be possible to setup a git hook on the server side to modify the commit message and include the revision number.

-Konrad