[webkit-dev] Removing deprecatedFrameEncoding

Alexey Proskuryakov ap at webkit.org
Tue Jan 24 15:57:17 PST 2012

24.01.2012, в 15:10, Julian Reschke написал(а):

> b) RFC 6266 works without UA sniffing if you're willing to serve plain ASCII to legacy browsers (IE < 9 and Safari)

We are talking about how to encode existing non-ASCII file names, there is no equivalent plain ASCII to send instead.

> We had almost the same discussion over 15 months ago. I recommend you read the mailing list archives.

I didn't ask for this discussion to be repeated. You kept asking about the right thing to do, and sending UTF-8 bytes is clearly the right and forward looking thing to do.

- WBR, Alexey Proskuryakov