[webkit-dev] Bot watching and Apple bots

Maciej Stachowiak mjs at apple.com
Wed Apr 25 13:58:40 PDT 2012

Hi everyone,

A while back, Apple's WebKit teams instituted a bot watching rotation to try to get the bots for our ports to get and stay green. We've managed to consistently stay around low single digits of failures, but the green doesn't seem to stick. We think some folks in the community may have stopped paying attention to bots for Apple ports since they were poorly maintained for some time. We'd appreciate it if folks would pay attention to our core test and build bots when landing.

Currently, our focus is on getting the following bots green. Once they are working well, we may expand to more:

 * Lion Intel Debug Build - http://build.webkit.org/builders/Lion%20Intel%20Debug%20%28Build%29
 * Lion Intel Release Build - http://build.webkit.org/builders/Lion%20Intel%20Release%20%28Build%29
 * Lion Intel Debug Tests - http://build.webkit.org/builders/Lion%20Intel%20Debug%20%28Tests%29
 * Lion Intel Debug (WebKit2) Tests - http://build.webkit.org/builders/Lion%20Intel%20Debug%20%28WebKit2%20Tests%29
 * Lion Intel Release Tests - http://build.webkit.org/builders/Lion%20Intel%20Release%20%28Tests%29
 * Lion Intel Release (WebKit2) - Tests http://build.webkit.org/builders/Lion%20Intel%20Release%20%28WebKit2%20Tests%29

We'll also be posting the bot watchers on duty at any given time here: <http://trac.webkit.org/wiki/Apple_Bot_Watchers>

You should feel free to contact them if you're experiencing problems or have caused a regression.

Regards,
Maciej