[webkit-dev] Debugging With Xcode

Dan Bates dbates at webkit.org
Mon Apr 23 19:02:09 PDT 2012

On Mon, 23 Apr 2012 18:02:51 -0700, Eric Seidel <eric at webkit.org> wrote:
> Does anyone still debug WebKit on Mac OS X with Xcode 4?
>

> 1.  I don't know how to actually set up Xcode to point to WebKitBuild
> like it used to.
> http://www.webkit.org/building/debug.html
> Mentions a "Legacy" option which does not exist for me.

As Mark Rowe pointed out in his reply, I recently updated these
instructions with respect to changes in Xcode 4.3.2. I've updated the
build
location instructions on the web site to mention Xcode 4.3.2 instead of
Xcode 4 and landed this change in changeset 114978,
<http://trac.webkit.org/changeset/114978>.

Also, I've updated <http://www.webkit.org/building/tools.html> to mention
the need to either run xcode-select or set the environment variable
DEVELOPER_DIR to point to the developer tools directory before using the
Xcode command line tools. This change was landed in changeset 114982,
<http://trac.webkit.org/changeset/114982>.

Dan