[webkit-dev] Debugging With Xcode

Mark Rowe mrowe at apple.com
Mon Apr 23 18:07:49 PDT 2012

On 2012-04-23, at 18:02, Eric Seidel <eric at webkit.org> wrote:

> Does anyone still debug WebKit on Mac OS X with Xcode 4?
>

> 1.  I don't know how to actually set up Xcode to point to WebKitBuild
> like it used to.
> http://www.webkit.org/building/debug.html
> Mentions a "Legacy" option which does not exist for me.

This page was updated recently to reflect the terminology used in the current version of Xcode. The diff may provide the information you need to get this working in earlier versions of Xcode.

> 2.  Xcode tries to "Re-index" WebCore, seemingly every time I open
> WebCore.xcodeproj.  This is a hour+ process on my 12-core Mac Pro!
>
> The re-indexing takes a lot of processing power, and seems to render
> both my machine, and Xcode largely unusable.

That's interesting. If you're seeing that with the latest released version of Xcode then I'd strongly suggest filing a bug report at <http://bugreport.apple.com/> so that the Xcode folks can address it.

- Mark