[webkit-dev] Debugging With Xcode

Eric Seidel eric at webkit.org
Mon Apr 23 18:02:51 PDT 2012

Does anyone still debug WebKit on Mac OS X with Xcode 4?

1.  I don't know how to actually set up Xcode to point to WebKitBuild
like it used to.
http://www.webkit.org/building/debug.html
Mentions a "Legacy" option which does not exist for me.

Simon Fraser helped me set up WebKitBuild on one of my machines, but I
don't really know how to repeat that process.

2.  Xcode tries to "Re-index" WebCore, seemingly every time I open
WebCore.xcodeproj.  This is a hour+ process on my 12-core Mac Pro!

The re-indexing takes a lot of processing power, and seems to render
both my machine, and Xcode largely unusable.

I understand that Xcode isn't really designed for projects as large as
WebCore, but we've made it work in the past, and I'm curious if anyone
is still making it work?

If the Apple folks have any suggestions or updates to
http://www.webkit.org/building/debug.html, they would be most
appreciated. :)

Thanks!

-eric