[webkit-dev] New feature flag proposal: Joystick API

Alexey Proskuryakov ap at webkit.org
Thu Oct 6 11:07:28 PDT 2011

I share Simon's concern that that providing low level access to every possible controller creates fragmentation, with purportedly "HTML" content that only works on a few devices. There is no clear cut border here - it's been mentioned that even touch events can be seen as rare - and then I advocate that adding more mouse specific events is a bad idea for the same reason.

As we add joystick/gamepad support, should steering wheels be next on the agenda? 3d mice?

- WBR, Alexey Proskuryakov