[webkit-dev] New feature flag proposal: Joystick API

Darin Fisher darin at chromium.org
Thu Oct 6 10:01:01 PDT 2011

This proposal has matured somewhat, so an update is in order.

FYI:
http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/webevents/raw-file/default/gamepad.html
http://www.w3.org/2010/webevents/charter/2011/Overview.html

We are working behind the ENABLE(GAMEPAD) flag at the moment.  Mozilla is
also building a prototype of this API.

We are doing development on the trunk (disabled by default) so that we can
more easily solicit game developers for feedback using our existing Chrome
distribution channels.  This feature should have a very light touch on
existing cross platform code.

We encourage folks to share feedback on the API design to
webevents-public at w3.org.

Regards,
-Darin