[webkit-dev] Cherry-Pick Bug Comments

Eric Seidel eric at webkit.org
Thu May 26 15:54:23 PDT 2011

I get a lot of these:
Revision r86028 cherry-picked into qtwebkit-2.2 with commit 7e1bab1 <
http://gitorious.org/webkit/qtwebkit/commit/7e1bab1>

as bug mail.  Probably because I'm CC'd on a zillion bugs (and actually read
my bug mail).

This is probably the pot calling the kettle black, since I wrote many of the
bots which comment daily on bugs...

...but, I'm wondering if we can do better?

Would it better serve the cherry-picker's needs if we instead had a separate
server to track revision -> cherry-picks?  Or bug ids -> cherry-picks? (Like
how the EWS bots store their status on queues.webkit.org and display it in
little bubbles on bugs.webkit.org w/o commenting on the bugs.)

I'm strongly supportive of all clients of webkit storing all of their
bug-related data in bugs.webkit.org.  It's better than the alternative (lots
of data buried in old Radars, or Chromium bugs, etc.)

But perhaps someone has a good idea how to reduce unnecessary bugmail?

Maybe I should just set up a gmail filter to mark all cherry-pick mail as
read?

-eric