[webkit-dev] Why is gtest in the Source directory?

Dmitry Lomov dslomov at google.com
Thu May 12 10:24:49 PDT 2011

I think more important issue to consider is should WebKit unit-tests
(TestWebKitAPI) live under Tools.
Unit-tests evolve with the product and an organic part of it - it doesn't
feel that they constitute a "tool".

Three possible locations come to mind:
- ./Tests - separate top-level directory, sibling to Source and LayoutTests
- ./Source/Test - separate directory, but under Source to emphasize that
tests are part of the source code
- Scattered around by the files that tests test, as David suggests.

In terms of gtest directory placement, I think it is nice to have all
third-party libraries live in the same place.

What do people think?

Kind regards,
Dmitry